Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Yield: 1 dozen cupcakes or 24 mini cupcakes
– 1 stick butter - 1 cup granulated sugar - 2 eggs - 2 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour - 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon salt - 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg - 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree - 1/3 cup milk - Cupcake baking liners
Cream Cheese Frosting - 8 ounces cream cheese, softened - 3 tablespoons butter, softened - 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar - 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a standing mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well.
3. Into a separate mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin and milk.
5. Slowly add the pumpkin and milk mixture into the butter and sugar and mix on low speed. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth.
6. Pour batter into greased cupcake liners in a cupcake-baking tray and bake for 25-27 minutes, until a toothpick test comes out clean.
7. While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting.
8. In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine cream cheese and butter and beat until fluffy.
9. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth.
10. Frost cupcakes with a generous portion of frosting.