CONDITIONS WE’VE HELPED
CONDITIONS WE CAN HELP
If you’re looking for a solution to your problem and not a practitioner that just looks at symptoms, but uncovers the entire brain-body imbalance that may be causing your condition. Then, Integrated Health Systems is the place for you.
Understanding the brain-body connection and how it relates to your cognition, digestion, mood, balance, sleep, coordination and the immune regulation of your many body systems, is essential for success.
Special focus will be placed on functional medicine, neurology and the immune system. We also look at hormone balance, digestive function and chemical sensitivities as they relate to symptoms and disorders.
An individualized program, involving a multi-faceted approach using Functional Neurology applications, Hemispheric Integration Therapy, Orthomolecular nutritional therapy, and many other principles, will be designed.
The goal is to induce positive, functional changes in brain chemistry and symmetry without manipulating the brain’s physiology with psychotropic medications. These changes will allow the brain’s natural neurotransmitter functions to begin working more correctly and efficiently.
We have seen many positive changes occur with the following conditions:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Hypothyroid Treatment for Hypothyroid and Other Thyroid Conditions
- Migraine Headaches
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Learning Disorders (LD)
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (MTBI)
- Post-Stroke Rehabilitation
- Balance Disorders/Ataxias
- Parkinson’s Disease (PD)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Other Autoimmune Conditions
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
Below is a brief overview of all conditions we have helped our clients with:
- Allergies and Sensitivities: Discover the cause of your allergies. An allergy is an exaggerated and abnormal response by the body to allergens. Food allergies/sensitivities masquerade many illnesses and conditions.
- IBS Irritable Bowel Syndrome / IBD Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Find out how your autonomic nervous system plays a role in your bowel function.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Evaluate immune function, digestion, oxygenation and mitochondrial function.
- G.E.R.D. (Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease): Evaluate for hiatal hernia, H-pylori infection, stomach pH, etc. to determine the cause of your reflux. You may be surprised it has little to do with too much stomach acid.
- Migraine Headaches: Look into blood flow abnormalities, blood pressure changes, oxygenation issues, autonomic discrepancies within the nervous system.
- Chronic Infections: Use immunological panels to find the missing link in your immune function.
- Cravings / Addictions: Check the body for physiology abnormalities and allergies/sensitivities.
- Mood Swings / Depression / Anxiety: Neurotransmitter and brain function imbalances can cause functional chemical abnormalities.
- Facet Syndrome: Using anti-inflammatory components to reduce the irritation on the joint.
- Intervertebral Disc Disorders / Herniations: Decompression traction didn’t work, not an option, or want a specialist’s opinion? There is still help! Specific areas of your brain control the muscles that stabilize your spine. It is essential these structures be strengthened for long-term success.
- Premenstrual Syndrome / Menopausal Symptoms: We use specific hormone testing to locate the exact point in your cycle where the problem arises. We also assess your hormone balance to determine if bio-identical hormone therapy is appropriate for you.
- Hormone Imbalances: Can cause a thyroid problem, cholesterol fluctuations, stress, loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, hot flashes, perimenoupausal symptoms.
- Bursitis / Tendonitis: Injury rehabilitation from an anti-inflammatory perspective with focus on correction not pain management.
- Tinnitus or Vertigo / Dizziness: A continuous lack of ATP (cellular energy) within the inner ear cells of the cochlea can lead to either a gradual or sudden impairment of the entire hearing organ. This can affect your balance system as well.
- Chronic Pain: Discover how pain “wind-up” could be the cause of your struggle.
- Seizure / Epilepsy: Controlling spontaneous electrical activity in the brain by understanding how it is affected by stress, odors, light, allergies, neurotoxins, etc.
- Sleep Difficulties / Restless Legs: Restoring function to the circuits, which are misfiring in your brain to reset your sleep cycle.
- Neuropathies / Peripheral Neuropathies: There are several Functional Neurology options for your neuropathy. Help without medication is possible.
- Dystonia / Movement Disorders: Enhancing proper control and inhibition mechanisms in the brain in an effort to reduce unwanted movements, as well as preserve your current brain function and minimize further damage.
- Visual Disturbances / Double Vision / Amblyopia: Specific eye movement therapy involving tracking, pursuit mechanisms, optokinetics, etc. Your brain controls your eyes so therapy is based on brain function not eye position.
Through the combination of exercises and special glasses I have been able to see some progress. My favorite part about working with IHS was the personal relationships & the confidence of the staff.
For anyone considering working with Integrated Health, you have a positive chance of improving your issues.
Dr. Steadman assessed my symptoms, did some testing and had me do some simple eye/brain exercises. Amazingly, my arm was able to straighten out and be natural again. I am forever grateful.
After this success, I took my young son to Dr. Steadman, for a concussion he had sustained several years prior. The staff treated my son wonderfully, and the exercises appeared to really help him. Thank you, docs and staff at Integrated Health Systems!
We are not your typical health clinic. Instead, we specialize in Functional Medicine, Chiropractic Neurology and Immunology…
HOW WE WORK
The practitioners at Integrated Health Systems all work together for our patients as a team. We do not subscribe to one-size-fits-all approach to patient care plans…
BECOMING A PATIENT
You must be qualified by one of our doctors to be treated by our practice. This allows us to provide our patients with unparalleled service and results…